Our international team of lecturers generously give of their time to teach and encourage Pastors and Church Leaders around the world. Each of our lecturers are academically trained veteran Pastors who are able to not only teach the mind but help shape the hearts of a new generation of leaders.
If you are interested in learning more about serving as a lecturer with Carey, please complete our Faculty Interest form.
Dr. Tim Beavis
Vice President of International Operations
Dr. Tim Beavis has ministered for over 16 years as a Church Planter and Pastor.
- D.Min. - Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
- M.Div.; M.A.- Moody Theological Seminary
- B.A (hons) - Birmingham City University (UK)
Tim has served as a ministry leadership coach for Pastors and Church Planters, and has sat on the boards of several ministry organizations. As the Vice President of International Operations Dr. Beavis now coordinates all of our global training centers and our team of lecturers. He also teaches and preaches across all our ministry fields.
Dr. Bob Penhearow
Carey Printing Press/Senior Lecturer
Dr. Bob Penhearow has ministered for over 30 years as a Church Planter and Pastor.
- D.Min.- Knox Seminary, USA.
- D.Min.- Faith Seminary, USA.
- M.Div.- Toronto Baptist Seminary, CA.
- D.MS.- Middlesex University, UK.
- Pastoral Experience:
- (2001-2016) Pastor Grace Trinity Community Church.
- New Dundee Baptist Church & Berean Baptist Church (included radio and TV ministries).
- (1997 - present) Carey School of Theology.
- (2001 - 2008) TBS/Spurgeon Study Centre.
- Canada-wide Conference Speaker/Seminars.
- Global Lecturer.
- Penhearow, B. (2011). Exploring C.H. Spurgeon's Key to Ministerial Success
- Edited: Systematics for the Glory of God I
- Head, Heart, Hands: Life-Transforming Apologetics
- The righteous will flourish: Living Christian ethics
- The Glory of Christ in the Old Testament I
- The Glory of Christ in the Prophets II
Rev. Carl Muller
- B.Th.- Ontario Bible College
- B.A.- Waterloo University
- Over 25 years of pastoral experience.
- Currently pastor of Trinity Baptist Church, Burlington, ON.
- Teaches Practical Theology in the Philippines.
- Lecturer in Homiletics, Toronto Baptist Seminary (T.B.S)
Dr. Gareth Crossley
- Ph.D.- Birmingham University
- M.A.- Keele Univerity
- Post Graduate Diploma - Manchester University
- Ministerial Training for the Methodist Church, Hartley Victoria Theological College
Over 40 years, most recently at West Park Church, Wolverhampton.
- Evangelical Theological College of Wales, Bridgend, South Wales
- Visiting Tutor - Seminars on Evangelism (1997-2000)
- Module Tutor (MA Pastoral Studies) - Scripture and Pastoral Care (2001-2005)
- Module Tutor (MA Pastoral Studies) - Psychology and Pastoral Care (2001-2005)
- "Everyday Evangelism", Darlington: Evangelical Press, 1987
- 'Exploring the use of a self-help manual in marital counselling,’ British Journal of Guidance and Counselling 20:3 (1992); pp.291-302
- ‘Counselling: Pastoral Care or Psychotherapy?’Foundations 29 (1992): pp.12-24
- ‘The Puritan Treatment of Melancholy,’ Building on a Sure Foundation. Papers read at the 1994 Westminster Conference, London: pp.79-107
- "The Old Testament Explained and Applied", Darlington: Evangelical Press, 2003
- "Growing Church Leaders: the essential leadership development resource", Darlington: Evangelical Press, 2008
- Old Testament Survey I
Dr. Perry Edwards
- Doctor of Arts -Whitefield Theological Seminary
- M.Th.- Toronto Baptist Seminary
- B.A.- Heritage Baptist College
- 20 years of pastoral experience.
- Pastor of Sovereign Grace Baptist Church, Oromocto, Canada (2000 - present)
- Extensive lecturing experience in the Philippines & India.
Dr. Jonathan Bayes
UK Executive Director
Dr. Jonathan Bayes has more than 20 years of Pastoral experience. He holds degrees from:
- Ph.D.- University of Sunderland
- M.Phil. with Distinction - University of Leeds
- M.A. with Distinction - University of Leeds
- B.A (hons) - University of Bradford
As the UK Executive Director for Carey, Dr. Bayes represents the ministry throughout the United Kingdom and has an extensive writing ministry, including several books published by Carey. Authored numerous books including: Systematics for the Glory of God I.
- (In Alphabetical Order)
Rev. Paul Alexander
- M.Div. (Magna Cum Laude) - Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- B.A. - University of North Carolina
- 14 years of Senior Pastoral Experience
- Pastor of Grace Covenant Church (2010- present)
- Lecturer for Carey Outreach Ministries
- CONTRIBUTING EDITOR: 9Marks Ministries, Washington, DC. Co-authored, with Mark Dever, The Deliberate Church: Building Biblically in a Haphazard Age (Wheaton: Crossway, Sept 2005); edited monthly e-newsletter; edited articles and books for publication; wrote e-learning material on marks of a healthy church (www.9marks.org); oversaw a year-long writing project with contributions from pastors and seminary professors worldwide; developed a series of recorded interviews on practical aspects of pastoral ministry.
Rev. Ronald Barnes
- D.Min. (candidate)
- M.Div.- Central Baptist Seminary
- B.A. - University of Waterloo
Board Member of Carey Outreach Ministries
- 20 years of Pastoral Experience
- Pastor of Grand River Community Church (1998- present)
- Lecturer for Carey Outreach Ministries
Dr. Paul Engle
- D. Min. - Westminster Theological Seminary, PA.
- M. Div. - Wheaton Graduate School, IL.
- B.A. - Houghton College, NY.
- Pastor for 22 years in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Illinois, and Michigan
- Taught as visiting instructor at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Reformed Theological Seminary, Knox Theological Seminary, Spring Arbor College, Emmanuel University in Oradeo, Romania.
- Associate Publisher and Executive Editor, Church, Academic, and Reference Resources, Zondervan Publishing
- Visiting instructor at New Geneva Theological Seminary, Colorado Springs
- Discovering the Fullness of Worship
- Worship Planbook
- The Governor Drove Us Up the Wall
- Guarding and Growing
- Baker's Wedding Handbook
- Baker's Worship Handbook
- Baker's Funeral Handbook
- God's Answers for Life's Needs
- Minister's Service Handbook
- Come to the Banquet
- The Complete Library of Christian Worship
- Various articles
Rev. Roland Eskinazi
- M.A. - The Master's University, CA
- Licentiate in Theology (Cum laude)
- National Service Chaplain (Defence Force)
- Pastor to Germiston Baptist Church (1992-1999)
- Pastor to Goodwood Baptist Church (2000-2013)
- Pastor to The International Baptist Church of Brussels (2013-present)
- Roland has always sought to develop elders and is currently part of such a team where he is released to exercise his gifts in preaching and counseling. Along with his pastoral responsibilities, Roland serves:
- On the Organising team of the Grace Ministers’ Conferences (interdenominational and national);
- Was a member of the Steering Team of Sola 5 churches, an association of churches (both Baptist Union and independent churches) in Southern Africa who stand firm on the cardinal doctrines of the Reformation (www.sola5.org);
- Served as a member of the Board of the Bible Institute of SA and is currently involved in lecturing leaders of all denominations in the Christian Leadership Programme in the Cape Flats;
- On the board of Strengthening Ministries Training Institute, a biblical counseling ministry under Lynnwood Baptist church where Dr. Wayne Mack serves as an elder.
- Had the privilege of ministering at the Carey Family Conference (UK) and Zambian Family Conference (Lusaka, Zambia). He has also preached in local churches in the US, Canada, UK, Israel, Zambia and Namibia.
Dr. Michael Ghiz
- D.Min.- Acadia Divinity College
- M.Div.- Toronto Baptist Seminary
- Extensive missionary experience (Middle East)
Rev. Paul hudson
- M. Div. - Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (2009) emphasis on Christian Ministries.
- M.DS. - Royal Military College Kingston, ON. (2003)
- B.Sc. - University of Winnipeg (1981)
- Senior Pastor of Bethel Baptist Church (present)
- With Karen (wife), adjunct Professor at Toronto Baptist Seminary since 2012, teaching Biblical Manhood & Womanhood for Ministry.
- Lecturer for Carey in India and Philippines
Dr. Raymond Martin
- D.Th.- University of Zululand
- D.Min.- Louisiana Baptist Theological Seminary
- M.A.- Tyndale Theological Seminary
- B.Th.-Trinity College (Newburgh)
- Over 30 years pastoral experience
- Pastored Trinity Baptist Church, in Allentown, PA.
- Lecturing for Carey
- Post-Graduate Associate Supervisor in Church History and Homiletics-South African Theological Seminary (2004-to present)
Mr. Stephen Owens
- M.A.- University of Wales
- Post Graduate Certificate - University of Wales
- B.A.- University of Southampton
- 15 years of full-time ministry to international students as an associate member of Friends International.
- Regional Training Co-ordinator, Europe. Worldwide Evangelization for Christ (WEC) International.
- Lecturer and Principal, Cornerstone Centre for Intercultural Studies.
Rev. David Robinson
- M. Div.- Mid-America Reformed Seminary.
- B.A.- Redeemer College University.
- 16 years Pastoral experience
- Currently Pastor of Grace Bible Church, Cambridge ON.
- Lecturer for Carey in Outer Mongolia
Rev. Ray Tibbs
- Diploma: London Seminary
- Elder of Upton Baptist Church, Chester, UK.
- Over 25 years pastoral experience.
- Editor of Geneva Notes
- Retired Editorial Director of Go Teach.
Dr. Steven West
- Ph.D.- Potchefstroom University
- Th.M.-Toronto Baptist Seminary
- B.A.- Trent University
- (2012-Present) Pastor of Crestwicke Baptist Church, Guelph.
- (2004-2012) Pastor of Madoc Baptist Church.
- Active Carey Lecturer.
The righteous will flourish: Living Christian ethics(2019)
Articles published in Reformation and Revival, The Evangelical Baptist, Christianity.ca, The Sovereign Grace Journal, Sound of Grace, and the Gospel Witness, as well as authored or contributed to several books published by New Covenant Media.
International Field Co-ordinator
Rev. Timothy Babu
Senior pastor for Grace Baptist Church, NG Palem, Visakhapatnam, India since 2004.
Our church is associated with various churches spread through 26 villages. I teach and train the upcoming pastors in Calvinistic theology as I have learned and trained from The 1689 Baptist Confession of Faith; by my spiritual father and mentor Rev. Matthew F. Elase from Isle Of Man, UK.
We have church ministry among lepers for the last 14 years apart from the charity we do from our GB Church.
Working as a director for KING'S IDEAL SCHOOL since 2010 till date. Grooming nearly 600+ children in the school and churches for Christ. Junior Church is a key ministry dealing with the kids from Hindu families.
Managing a great teamwork with 60+ employs that includes Teachers, Skill trainers, Caretakers of toddlers and housekeeping staff, gardeners and dairy staff, Bus drivers+attendants and pastors from different rural/tribal churches.
Rev. Ricky D. Deniola
Cebu, PH. Co-ordinator
Executive Secretary, Evangelical Free Church of the Philippines
- Graduated A.B. Theology in Evangelical Theological College of the Philippines (ETCP), Cebu (2004).
- Graduated William Carey School of Theology, in Iloilo City (2012).
- Pastored Crossover Christian Fellowship (EFCP) in Iloilo City for 14 years (2004-2018).
Now serving the EFCP National Office as Executive Secretary since May, 2018.
Mrs. Roula Karkafi
Middle East & North Africa Co-ordinator
- Masters in Business Administration
- More than 20 years of experience in management and administration in non-profit organization and financial institution
- Fluent in Arabic, French and English
- More than 10 years of experience in translation English, French and Arabic
rev. Warlito Monsalud
Iloilo, PH. Co-ordinator
- M.T.S; Carey International University of Theology, USA
- D.ECE; West Visayas State University
- Theological Studies - London Theological Seminary
- M.M; Philippine Central Theological Seminary
- B.R.E; Doane Baptist Seminary
- Over 20+ years experience.
- Pastor of Reformed Baptist Church, Iloilo. PH.
- Carey Outreach Coordinator (Philippines).